Friday, October 7, 2011

Facebook Free the Way to be???

Well I never thought I'd say it but
I'm happy to be off of Facebook!!!
(At least for a month)
My best friend and I started
fasting from Facebook at midnight
on her Birthday.
We made the deal to be off for a whole month
and that every time we thought of Facebook
we would go and read a chapter of the Bible.
(I have fallen behind and owe a few chapters)
Leading up to the challenge, my husband had been
commenting on how much I got on it.
I never realized how much of my
time Facebook consumed!!!
I thought I just didn't have enough time in the day to get everything done.
I didn't even think I had time to read a book.
But in reality, I was WASTING my time on Facebook!
(By the way, I started and finished an almost 300 page book after getting off of Facebook!)

Dustin and I have the conviction of keeping our home clean of the junk in the world. 
(Including TV.  Our house will be cable free as of end of November
and I'm excited!  Our TV will be for movies and games.)
I never realized how much junk I was inviting into my house via Facebook!
Gossip, people gripping, me wondering what people are saying about me...
But, as of right now, I am free from all of that! 
God and my little family are my top priorities!
I hate to admit it but I put Facebook first sometimes.
The Bible says if something causes you to sin then cut it off!
So I cut off Facebook!
(I am even thinking about making it permanent)

What are you putting before God today?
Do you need to cut off the thing that comes before God today?
Just some food for thought.  :)

No comments: